I’m not going to give you a Biology class lecture but as I was doing my research for personal reasons, it hit me that the information I found and am still finding is worth sharing to all of you. Whether you are in the medical field, or if you know someone who has cancer, this is a post that I think you might want to read, just in case you didn’t know. If you are neither of the aforementioned people, feel free to read anyway because it is interesting.
Approach 1: Cut off the blood supply of the cancer cells introduced by William Li during a TED Talk
Note: Antiangiogenesis therapy: Selectively aims the blood vessels that are feeding the cancer cells
Approach 2: The switch from glucose to Ketone bodies according to Dr. Dominic D’Agostino who researches metabollic therapy
Cancer cells love glucose and need it to survive. All cells rely on glucose in order to perform aerobic cellular respiration, however, in the absence of glucose they may switch to ketone bodies unlike the cancer cells that can’t make the switch.
- Stop eating carbohydrates
- Processed meat like cold cuts and hotdogs are off limits
- Stay away from trans fats such as shortening or margarine, any oil that is hydrogenated
- Natural fats are healthy and may wipe out your cancer. It is sugar that we should pay attention to but instead we are taught the converse. Fats aren’t but, so long as you avoid trans fats.
Implementation inspired by Dr.Oz
- Bok Choy This type of Chinese cabbage contains brassinin; a powerful cancer-fighter, also found in broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. Bok Choy should be eaten 3 times a week, in 1/2 cup servings to obtain its full benefits.
- Cooked Tomatoes have more cancer-fighting properties than raw tomatoes. Both contain the molecule lycopene, but heating the tomato changes its chemical structure and makes the benefits more readily available to your body. You should eat 2-3 (1/2 cup) servings of cooked tomatoes a week.
- Flounder This fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and low in mercury. Three 6-ounce servings a week is ideal.
- Strawberries The antioxidants in this berry help fight cancers. You should eat 1 cup a day, including the juice.
- Artichokes contain 3 different cancer-fighting molecules. Enjoy ¼ cup of hearts per day.